The Kansas & Missouri Regional Vice President (RVP) is responsible for growing the existing network of Independent Strategic Members (ISM) in their assigned region by working with existing Member agencies as well as recruiting and appointing new Members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of the MIAA Group Independent Satellite Member (ISM) Recruitment program.
- Work in concert with Marketing Department relative to identifying and recruiting ISM’s.
- Participate in company and agency functions to network for company appointments and ISM prospect leads.
- Develop, review and analyze information on ISM prospects in order to establish suitability for Membership in the network.
- Negotiate and execute Independent Strategic Member Agreement as provided by MIAA Group.
- Meet with company marketing reps to secure ISM appointments and/or sub-codes.
- Review company experience reports to assure quality business is being written by the ISM’s.
- Participate in meetings on topical network subjects in conjunction with home office.
- Coordinate and conduct regular visitation with ISMs to review opportunities and Member Services.
- Negotiate and monitor book transfers for ISMs.
- Act as a liaison between ISMs, MIAA and Companies.
- Institute and monitor ISM rehabilitation program if necessary.
- Actively support and serves as a role model for company mission and core values.
- Help formulate and uphold policies and procedures needed for company-wide effectiveness, profitability, and compliance with state and federal law.
- Other duties as directed.
Additional Skills and Attributes
- Attend insurance company meetings. Review company materials and products and distribute information to ISMs and staff as needed
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to assess and meet information needs
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Responsible for working collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results<
- Attend monthly MIAA Management Meeting
- Other duties as directed by executive management
Additional Competencies and Attributes
- Business development/sales: Able to establish relationships with ISMs and prospects and build the business case for expansion; help provide ISM solutions.
- Interpersonal: Able to be a leader who effectively delegates when appropriate in order to achieve goals.
- Management: Able to direct and allocate resources toward achieving specific goals.
- Organizational: Able to work effectively under continual time deadlines.
Essential Behavior Requirements
These behaviors are based on MIAA Group’s cultures and values critical to support the mission of the organization.
- Respect all people, value the differences, and deal with them in the way we want to be dealt with
- Go the extra mile to give members knowledgeable advice and service to maximize their benefit and create value
- Deal with our members keeping an eye on profitability for them and for ourselves
- Treat our members like partners
- Tirelessly pursue new growth opportunities for our members, our companies, and ourselves
- Focus on commitments and profitability with all companies and members
- Research and utilize technology to enhance all that we do
- Innovate, create, and foster the entrepreneurial spirit
- Select business relationships carefully
- Create value for our agencies and we create value for ourselves
- Build long-term relationships based on honesty and integrity
- Learn from our experiences and seek improvement
- Use tenacity and persistency to win every time
- Strive for the best image and reputation
- Take ownership in all that we do
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year College or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Property and casualty insurance company, wholesale insurance, and/or agency experience required. Ability to travel. Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment. Comfortable with independent work as well being a team leader. Must have ability to communicate effectively one–on-one and to larger groups via multiple mediums.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write and give speeches to a varied group of people.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Property and Casualty License and Designations preferred, but not required.
Percentage of time spent working in the following conditions: this position has no exposure other than that typically experienced in an office environment
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance