Under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Agency Development Field Specialist is directly responsible for income generation, agency development and consulting services of all member agencies.
Note: This position is based out of the Kansas City Metro area.
Income Generating Activities
- Facilitate onboarding for all new member agencies on systems, processes and SIAA services
- Oversee implementation of the Agency Foundation Program for all new start-up members
- Promote income opportunities associated with SIAA Life & Benefits
- Identify and implement book consolidation plans focusing on the movement of non-partner premium to Strategic Partner Companies
- Be an expert on the use of the SIAA Income Calculator to support the movement of non-partner premium
- Successfully manage Business Insurance Advantage (BIA) with a focus on accelerated small commercial premium growth
- Responsible for increasing Strategic Partner Premium growth, and managing profitability within a defined territory, or group of members
- Manage market access by assisting in obtaining direct Strategic Partner Company appointments as needed or warranted by individual members
- Provide coaching and feedback to agencies on their prospecting and marketing plans
- Coordinate and conduct regular visitations with ISMs to review income opportunities and member program utilization
- Frequent communication with the Regional Vice President (RVP) to ensure unified efforts are focused on the common goals of the territory/member
- Proficient with Technology
- Management Systems
- Rating Platforms
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Social Media
- Conduct a pre-determined number of agency reviews per month
- Use follow-up processes and procedures with agencies to document and track progress.
- Document all ISM visits using the Agency Call Report
- Attendance and participation in all SMA meetings
- SIAA Marketing Services
- Target Marketing
- Online Store Usage
- Promote participation and use of The Training & Learning Center (TLC)
- Promote use of Capital Premium Financing
- Other duties as directed
Additional Skills and Attributes
- Bring a high degree of sales acumen
- Responsible for working collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results
- Proven presentation skills
- Other duties as directed by executive management
Essential Behavior Requirements
- These behaviors are based on SMA Group’s cultures and values critical to support the mission of the organization
- Create value for our agencies and we create value for ourselves
- Focus on commitments and profitability with SPCs
- Go the extra mile to give members knowledgeable advice and service to maximize their benefit and create value
- Deal with our members keeping an eye on profitability for them and for ourselves
- Treat ISMs like partners
Pursue new growth opportunities for ISMs, our companies, and ourselves
- Select business relationships carefully
- Build long-term relationships based on honesty and integrity
- Strive for the best image and reputation
- Take ownership in all that we do
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Notes: Property and casualty insurance company, wholesale insurance, and/or agency experience required. Ability to travel. Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment. Comfortable with independent work as well being a team leader. Must have ability to communicate effectively one–on-one and to larger groups via multiple mediums.
Must successfully complete the Profiles Sales Assessment – Performance Model Analysis.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Property and Casualty License and Designations preferred, but not required.
If any of these sound like you, and you would like to be a part of a dedicated and innovative group of people, upload (or email) your resume here.