These are simple, easy tips to help keep your fine jewelry fineeee:
- It is really important where you store your jewelry, so make sure it is kept in a clean and dry place.
- Keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or put it in a box with dividers and that prevents jewelry from tangling.
- Don’t just toss jewelry pieces in a drawer or jewelry case, make sure they are laid out nice because pieces can scratch each other.
- Be very careful when taking off your jewelry to wash your hands. Do not leave your jewelry on the rim of a sink where it can easily slip down the drain.
- There are many types of small machines to clean jewelry that can clean your jewelry using high-frequency sound. These cleaners are available in a variety of different models and prices. Not only will the cleaner help maintain the value of your jewelry, it also will leave it sparkling!
- Every year you should take your jewelry to a local jeweler to have it professionally cleaned and to have the prongs adjusted so you don’t lose any diamonds or other precious stones!
- For jewelry that is covered in sterling silver, take it off before you take a dip in a hot tub or a swimming pool because it creates a chemical reaction and will wreak havoc on your silver.
- Bonus Tip: ingredients in lotions and perfumes can also cause your jewelry to tarnish. Apply them first, let them dry, and then put your jewelry on. This alone can make a HUGE difference in your silver’s lifespan.
Follow these simple tips to keep your jewelry looking amazing.